Priority investment areas
FPC spent RUB 41.7 billion in 2018 to improve its customer experience through a number of initiatives:
- 724 new, highly efficient passenger carriages were purchased, with improved performance and passenger comfort, totalling RUB 30.9 billion and aimed at reducing transit times and enhancing both transport safety and passenger experience
- RUB 10.6 billion were spent on passenger carriage KVRs (584 carriages).
In addition, RUB 0.5 billion were spent on the implementation of information technology innovations.
To maintain its existing carriage repair and maintenance facilities, FPC invested RUB 1.1 billion in rehabilitation and upgrades of its fixed assets in 2018.
Investment in safety
Major investments in transport safety included:
- RUB 0.2 billion to replace retired rolling stock
- RUB 0.2 billion to install new frames, bolsters, and 1,520 mm gauge bogies during scheduled carriage repairs
- RUB 0.1 billion to ensure the compliance of FPC’s facilities with fire safety requirements.