The following subsidiaries and affiliates are covered by FPC’s corporate governance system: LLC NTS, LLC Travel-Tour, LLC Russian Railway Tours, LLC RTK, JSC FPC-Logistics, and LLC IM.
FPC’s sub-holding structure
LLC NTS’s key areas of activity:
- delivering drinks, food, and non-food products to FPC’s trains for sale to passengers via train attendants and independent operators on board
- small- and large-scale wholesale trade in beverages and food products from warehouses leased by LLC NTS to any company selling such goods in Russia
- operating dining carriages
- complimentary catering services for passengers.
In 2018, sales volumes across almost all channels were up 36.3% year-on-year. Lower sales in the Other Buyers channel were due to a significant increase in prices for procured goods. Since 2H 2018, LLC NTS has been operating dining carriages and providing complimentary catering services for passengers.
|Net profit, RUB million||76.3||66.2||–10.1||86.8|
|Sales of merchandise to passengers (via train attendants)||891||970||+79||108.8|
Travel Tour Group
FPC bought into the Travel Tour Group’s business to:
- develop rail tourism by building up new tourist-oriented rail routes
- increase the volume of rail services provided to organised passenger groups
- develop the middle-class rail travel segment
- meet foreign and domestic demand for visiting Russia’s cultural and historical centres.
LLC Travel-Tour provides legal services to its subsidiary LLC Russian Railway Tours and conducts virtually no other kinds of business. Financial and business operations of LLC Russian Railway Tours are LLC Travel-Tour’s key source of profit.
LLC Russian Railway Tours
LLC Russian Railway Tours’ key activities include:
- organising own rail tours
- organising rail services, chartered VIP rail services, and tourist travel services for RZD Holding employees
- servicing tourist groups organised by travel agencies as well as corporate customers in rented trailing carriages or special trains.
The Company serviced over 260,000 passengers in 2018, up 6.2% year-on-year. In absolute terms, the year-on-year increase was 15,000 passengers.
|Net profit, RUB million||42||44||+2||104.8|
LLC RTK ceased commercial operations as from 1 July 2017.
JSC FPC-Logistics was established to improve the competitiveness of unaccompanied baggage transport services within FPC Group, achieve profitability in the segment, and regain FPC’s leading position in the unaccompanied baggage transport market.
Core activities of JSC FPC-Logistics:
- providing carload services using baggage carriages
- leasing baggage carriages.
In 2018, carloads increased by 27.4% year-on-year, despite the fact that three carriages were out of service due to overhauls.
|Net profit, RUB million||49||53||4||108.2|
|Number of carloads shipped||1,291||1,645||354||127.4|
|Operating fleetIncluding operated and leased carriages.||127||124||–3||97.6|
LLC IM (a subsidiary of JSC FPC-Logistics) acts as the operator for the Innovative Mobility multimodal platform providing a single interface to offer passengers tools for planning, booking, and purchasing tickets for trips involving various modes of transport, as well as related value-added services. The multimodal platform integrates all modes of transport into a single network offering passengers a door-to-door travel experience.
In 2018, the company’s net profit grew 23-fold year-on-year driven by FPC’s efforts to expand its presence in the agency services market, with e-ticket sales increasing five-fold.
|Net profit, RUB million||5||118||113||2,360|
|Number of e-tickets sold||3,063||16,050||12,987||524|